- In Minnesota, more than 450 youth age out of foster care each year, many without homes, education, employment, or connections to caring adults.
- On any given day there are more than 500,000 youth in foster care across the US and 11,000 of them are in Minnesota.
- Over 60% of Minnesota’s homeless youth population have experienced foster care at some point in their lives. (Wilder Research)
- Only 46% of youth in foster care graduate from high school by the time they exit care (Click for source), and only 10% go on to post-secondary education (Click for source).
- Youth in foster care suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) at twice the rate of US war Veterans. (Click for source)
- 49% of foster youth are unemployed when they age out of foster care.
All current and former foster care youth need permanent relationships with caring adults. Join us in helping local children and young people who are in foster care to gain access to supportive adults, and to successfully navigate the challenges of living in the foster care system. Click here to GET INVOLVED.